Assignment 1: Assault in the City: Testimony
Assist Dr. Johnson by helping her to prepare for testimony on the basis of the vignette.
Address the following points in the testimony:
- Dr. Johnson needs to be conversant in the literature detailing the reactions of victims to sexual assault, including psychological and behavioral reactions.
- Dr. Johnson also needs to be prepared to present evidence on how many women did not report sexual assault and the various reasons they fail to contact the police.
- She also needs to discuss with the prosecutor the pros and cons of asking these women to appear on the witness stand and testify.
- All of her testimony must be supported by the empirical literature.
Follow APA guidelines for citing sources.
- By Saturday, September 13, 2014, post your responses to this Discussion Area.
- Through Wednesday, September 17, 2014, respond to at least two of your classmates’ posts. While responding, compare the similarities and differences between what you have constructed and what your classmates have.