Create description and justification of your ideal learning situation. Your ideal learning situation should incorporate learning theory terminology and concepts and be supported by learning theories.
How do you learn best? What types of resources and support would you need to make the learning process effective? The purpose of describing your ideal learning situation is to apply learning theory, evaluate the role of motivation, and be able to differentiate which components can be applied in a broader context.If you could suspend reality and create a perfect learning method for yourself, what would that look like? What type of resources and support would you need to make the learning process effective for you? In this assessment, you will describe your ideal learning situation.
Start by identifying a skill or concept that you have always wanted to learn.
- Which learning theory or theories best support how you would learn this topic?
- Reflecting on your past learning experiences, how you learn best, and what motivates you, describe the perfect situation for you to learn about your selected topic by using concepts and terminology consistent with the learning theories this course has explored.
- Compare this with the case study
Dena grew up in a large family in the Midwest. The oldest child, she was her motherâ€™s primary helper growing up, and loved working in the kitchen making casseroles, breads, and especially baked goods. â€œI can make homemade noodles, biscuits, and brownies in my sleepâ€.
Dena, her husband, and two children recently moved from a very small town to a large coastal city. Unfortunately, the foods she grew up cooking and eating have now taken a toll. Additionally, her spouse and children are all having issues with food sensitivities and Dena has been recently chastised by her physician that something has to changeâ€”her weight has ballooned and she is pre-diabetic. She admits she does not seem to have an â€œoff-buttonâ€ when it comes to sweets and is really distracted by them. Denaâ€™s physician suggested she might suffer from sugar addiction, and recommended a radical shift to a plant-based diet. Dena is in agreement yet Dena is also quite lost. â€œHow do I make green smoothies in my sleep? I still canâ€™t tell the difference between all the kinds of kaleâ€”Iâ€™m out of my comfort zone by a mile here, and all I can think about is brownies. I know I have to fix this, but it seems I have to un-learn everything I know.â€
- Which components should be tailored to the specific learner?
- Which components of your learning situation could be applied to a broader population?
- Evaluate the effectiveness of your learning situation for the case study.
- After applying your personal learning situation to the case study, think about how the same components might be applied to the broader population you may encounter in your specialized field of psychology, supporting your viewpoint with learning theories.
Looking for a similar assignment? Our writers will offer you original work free from plagiarism. We follow the assignment instructions to the letter and always deliver on time. Be assured of a quality paper that will raise your grade. Order now and Get a 15% Discount! Use Coupon Code "Newclient"
Also posted onJanuary 1, 1970 @ 12:00 am