you will describe the context of your historical event using evidence from the sources you have explored. You should focus on a particular historical perspective (social, political, economic) to describe what was occurring at the time.
My topic is Climate change and environmental issues, The Chernobyl nuclear accident.
Specifically, you must address the following rubric criteria:
- Describe the historical context surrounding your historical event.
- Use one of the perspectives mentioned in this module’s overview (social, political, economic) to focus your description and highlight particular influences on the event.
- Describe a key historical figure or group’s participation in your historical event.
- In your description, identify that figure or group’s position/role in society and their role in the event.
- Explain the key historical figure or group’s motivation to participate in your historical event.
- In your explanation, include how you think the figure’s or group’s beliefs, assumptions, and values influenced how they perceived the event and the person’s ability to directly or indirectly affect it.
- Articulate how the historical context caused or influenced your chosen historical event.
- How do you think what was going on in broader society at the time impacted your historical event?
- Explain how connecting your historical event and current event improves the understanding of your topic.
- How do you think using your historical event to explore the roots of your current event might help you better understand your topic (climate change, political protest, human rights/inequality, or global trade)?