Perform research on the industrial pretreatment requirements in your city, or a city of your choice, that would impact an industrial facility wishing to operate there. Identify:
- The city, town, or other municipality.
- A summary of the permitting requirements and the types of facilities that may need to comply.
- A description of some of the chemical and biological limitations, i.e., is there a limitation on Biochemical Oxygen Demand (BOD5), Chemical Oxygen Demand (COD), pH, oil and grease, metals, etc. in the discharge? Are there temperature or color limitations? What other limitations are identified?
- Is sampling of the discharge required as a condition of or to apply for the permit? If so, describe the sampling required and the frequency.
- Does the municipality provide a wastewater discharge permit application online? If so, provide a link and summarize some of the requirements and information that has to be compiled to complete and submit the permit application.
- Is pretreatment specified for certain operations? For example, are grease traps specified, must acids be neutralized, are other control measures indicated?
If you cannot find the information online for your particular city/municipality, find a city that does provide this information online. For example, the City of Springfield, Massachusetts (Links to an external site.) has a good discussion, with permitting requirements. The City of South Daytona, Florida (Links to an external site.)publishes the regulations for its city discharge requirements. Plenty of cities/municipalities do provide this information freely, so if you don’t find it right away, you may need to call your local facility to ask where the information is found, or find a city that does provide it, such as Springfield or South Daytona.
Your paper should be at least three pages long, not including title page and reference page, in APA format. An abstract is not needed for this assignment. Remember, don’t copy the information; summarize the information.
Looking for a similar assignment? Our writers will offer you original work free from plagiarism. We follow the assignment instructions to the letter and always deliver on time. Be assured of a quality paper that will raise your grade. Order now and Get a 15% Discount! Use Coupon Code "Newclient"
Also posted onJanuary 1, 1970 @ 12:00 am