internet and small businesses
Case Study 7-2 Social Networking in Support of Small Businesses
The Internet puts small businesses on the same footing as large organizations by providing an inexpensive platform for interacting with customers and selling products and services. With their global reach, social networking sites are a good example of how the Internet can level the playing field. Here are five ways that small businesses can take advantage of these sites:
- Creating local social networksâ€”Small businesses can use sites such as Yelp (www.yelp.com), which help people find local restaurants, dentists, hair stylists, mechanics, and so on. People also use these sites to find out about upcoming events, take advantage of special offers, and talk to other customers.
- Creating a blog or social hubâ€”This allows small businesses to keep customers engaged by creating useful content such as how-to-do lists or industry insights.
- Using Twitterâ€”This allows small businesses to connect with their consumers in real time.
- Creating a Facebook fan pageâ€”This allows small business to visualize and build a community that can be customized by adding maps, coupons, and so forth.
- Using a custom wikiâ€”A wiki can beused as a public forum that alerts customers to problems and concerns related to thecompanyâ€™s products and services, and resolves issues or answers questions to keep customers engaged.*
Answer the following questions:
- How does the Internet put small businesses on the same footing as large organizations
make a 7-8 slides of powerpoint about how Internet put small businesses on the same footing as large organizations.