Financial managers and leaders of organizations are charged with solving problems every day. To address and solve organizational issues requires structure and frameworks such as theories and concepts that explain what is going on around us. This Critical Thinking assignment is designed to help decision makers develop skills associated with framing, articulating, and solving management questions.
Review Page IV and Page V in the Module (attached) 1 lecture.
Then complete the attached Formulating the Research Question Worksheet by following these steps:
- Consider the scenario provided on Page V of the lecture, putting yourself in the place of the financial manager with Sahira as an employee reporting to you.
- Reviewing the symptoms that Sahiraâ€™s team describes, formulate a statement that you think describes the management dilemma confronting you. (Worksheet box #1)
- Begin to explore professional journals and select current research articles published within the last five years that are relevant to your management dilemma. Place the APA formatted references for 3-4 relevant articles that you reviewed. (Worksheet box #1a).
- Develop a specific management question that you want answered. (Worksheet box #2)
- Explore 3-4 additional relevant articles specific to your research question. (Worksheet box #2a.)
- Break down the management question into 2-3 sub-questions. (Worksheet box #3).
Identify a theory that might be relevant to your management question.
- Use your online resources to identify an organizational, economic, financial, accounting, or other theory that might be relevant to your management and research questions.
- Create a brief history and posits of the theory.
Develop a paper synthesizing the information describing the management dilemma, and the management and research questions substantiated by the 6-8 research articles identified during your exploration. Explain the potential relevance of the theory that you selected. Paper requirements include:
- 300-450 words in length
- Clear, concise academic writing style
- Third person
- APA Format including title page, citations, double spacing, and references