I need a discussion post for the following instructions please.
Week One Discussion: Intrusion Case Analysis
Discussion Board Overview
- Review Week One Reading
- Review Week One Video Lectures
- Read the case, Deteresa v. ABC (9th Cir. 1997)
- Examine the questions below, and craft one initial post and at least two response posts
Discussion Board Goals
- Recognize trespass and limitations in regard to acÂcessing private property
- Determine methods to avoid being accused of intrusion offenses
- Recognize when to prepare video, photo, and audio reÂlease forms
Initial post (at least 400 words of thoughtful analysis):
Read the case, Deteresa v. ABC (9th Cir. 1997), and answer the following questions. Upload your post to the Week One Discussion Board on FSO.
- Did Anthony Radziwill show his press credentials when he approached the front door of Beverly Deteresa?
- What did Deteresa tell Radziwill?
- Where was the camera crew when they taped the conversation?
- What did Deteresa do when she found out she was recorded without her approval and that ABC did not need her permission to air the footage?
- Why was Radziwill/ABC not held liable for the following: (1) unlawful eavesdropping on or recording of confidential communications; (2) physical intrusion on solitude or into private affairs; (3) violation of federal eavesdropping statute; (4) fraud and conspiracy to commit fraud?
- Do you think it made a difference in the outcome that ABC only aired 5 seconds of the videotape but never broadcast the audiotape?
- What would you have done differently to avoid the lawsuit?
- Initial post must be at least 400 words
- Any outside sources must be properly cited
- Check for spelling and grammar errors before uploading your posts