Journal Article Information
Attach your abstracts as ONE Word document and attach your articles or list the links to your articles. I must be able to open your links without passwords.
1. Different disciplines (including education and psychology) have different styles of formatting papers and citing and referencing information.
Review any of the following tutorials on journal articles and APA style that you wish.
Journal Article and Search Tutorials
APA Citation Tutorials and Information
click on APA for APA style
2. Obtain two research articles by searching online, searching the JJC library website, or going to the JJC library. You may use any research articles related to educational issues of your choice from any education or psychology journals. A sample list of acceptable journals is provided below. Each article must be from a different scholarly, refereed publication, must be dated 2003 or later, and at least five pages long.
3. Write an abstract for each article on a separate page in the following format:
APA reference at the top of the page followed by an approximately ½ page summary of the article that includes an introductory sentence, the purpose of the study, what was investigated, who were the participants, the type of research used, how the investigation was conducted, and the results of the study. At the end of the abstract, include another paragraph discussing how the research could be put to use in a classroom or other educational setting.
4. Submit your assignment document and your research articles by the due date.
5. Review the grading rubric.
Suggested Education, Psychology, and Educational Psychology Journals
(this is only a partial list of acceptable journals)
American Educational Research Journal
American Journal of Education
Cognition and Instruction
Computers in Education
Contemporary Education Review
Contemporary Educational Psychology
Educational and Psychological Measurement
Educational Psychology Review
Elementary School Journal
Harvard Educational Review
International Review of Educational Research
Journal of Abnormal and Social Psychology
Journal of Applied Behavior Analysis
Journal of Applied Developmental Psychology
Journal of Contemporary Educational Psychology
Journal of Education
Journal of Educational Computing Research
Journal of Educational Psychology
Journal of Educational Research
Journal of Educational Sociology
Journal of Experimental Child Psychology
Journal of Experimental Education
Journal of Experimental Psychology
Journal of Learning Disabilities
Journal of Research and Development
Journal of School Psychology
Journal of Special Education
Journal of Teacher Education
Journal of the Experimental Analysis of Behavior
Learning and Instruction
Merrill-Palmer Quarterly of Behavior and Development
Monographs of the Society for Research in Child Development
Phi Delta Kappan
Society for Research in Child Development Monographs
Teaching Exceptional Children
The Review of Education
Theory into Practice
Psychology in the Schools
Review of Educational Research
School Psychology Review
Teaching and Teacher Education