You stopped to say “hello” to Mrs. Rivera and noticed that she was upset. You asked her what was wrong and she said that she was told that her son Cody’s problems were caused by her poor parenting. Perhaps a well-meaning relative had read some of Bettelheim’s works and insisted that she must have been emotionally cold towards Cody at a critical time in his development. Therefore, you can understand why she was in tears when she’d visited you that day! Then she heard an actress on a daytime talk show asserting that ASD was directly caused by immunizations, and she recalled that he had started acting differently shortly after she had taken him for his scheduled shots. You might expect that Mrs. Rivera would be quite confused and would be looking for answers as to what caused Cody’s problems. You look for information online to help her explore Cody’s problems and find an interesting blog addressing the causes of ASD.
Your task this week is to prepare content suitable for a blog entry for a popular website aimed at parents of children with developmental disorders. In your blog entry, analyze the major theories that have been proposed to explain ASD and to provide your own view of its cause(s).
Specifically, your blog entry should:
- Describe the theories you learned about in your readings in a way that will be clearly understandable to the general audience of parents.
- Identify which of the theories you find most likely to be valid, based on your understanding of the research and/or your personal perspectives and convictions.
- Support your statements with one or more outside reference(s) from your required readings and your own research.
In addition to creating your blog, you will also submit a copy of your blog, along with the link to your blog, as with all other written assignments.
Length of blog: 5-7 pages, not including title and reference pages
Your blog must be effectively designed to meet the following criteria:
1. Locate a website that your professor can easily access. Use this free website http://www.wordpress.com/ to create the blog. Provide login details (username & password)
2. Contains text that is readable (e.g., appropriate size of font, type of font, contrasts with the background, contains sufficient white space).
3. Include information within the blog that supports the assignment.
4. Ensure LINK IS ACTIVE AND WORKING.
5. Contains at least one graphic.
6. Contains the same template throughout with a consistent design.
Your blog should demonstrate thoughtful consideration of the ideas and concepts presented in the course by providing new thoughts and insights relating directly to this topic. Your submission should reflect scholarly writing and current APA standards where appropriate.