Part 1: Answer the Module Review Questions listed below. These questions were chosen to demonstrate your understanding and help you assess your progress.
- Contrast the items in the following sets of terms:
- Object; class; instance; entity relationship diagram (ERD) entity
- Property; method; attribute
- State; behavior
- Superclass; subclass
- Concrete class; abstract class
- Method; message
- Encapsulation; inheritance; polymorphism
- Static binding; dynamic binding
- How is the object approach different from the data and process approaches to systems development? And how can the object approach improve the systems development process?
- Describe the main building blocks for the sequence diagram and how they are represented on the model.
- Describe the steps used to create a sequence diagram.
Part 2: Module Practice:
Draw the associations that are described by the following business rules. Include the multiplicities for each relationship.
- A patient must be assigned to only one doctor and a doctor can have one or many patients.
- An employee has one phone extension, and a unique phone extension is assigned to an employee.
- A movie theater at least one movie, and a movie can be shown at up to four other movie theaters around town.
- A movie either has one star, two co-stars, or more then ten people starring together. A star must be in at least one movie.