Select a research issue, problem, or opportunity based on a data set from a real world situationâ€”such as saving for retirement, work performance measurements, investment account, and sales dataâ€”that address one of the following:
- Linear, exponential or logarithmic regression
- Compound interest or annuities
Write a 850 word paper describing the selected issue, problem, or opportunity.
- Include the following:
- Mathematical model
- Applied formulas
- Step-by-step explanation and calculation
- Mathematical results
- Graphical representation if applicable: scatter plot, histograms, line graph, and so on
- Interpretation of the results in the real-world setting
- Create a 10- slide MicrosoftÂ® PowerPointÂ® presentation that could be used to persuade an audience to a particular course of action around your chosen issue, problem, or opportunity, based on results.
- For Local Campus students, these are 5- to 10-minute oral presentations accompanied by MicrosoftÂ® PowerPointÂ® presentations.
- For Online and Directed Study students, these are MicrosoftÂ® PowerPointÂ®presentations with notes.
Format your paper and presentation consistent with APA guidelines.