This assignment covers chapter eleven, Corporate Performance, Governance, and Business Ethics, and chapter twelve, Implementing Strategy in Companies That Compete in a Single and Multiple Industries.
Chapter 11 Questions
- Define stockholder and stakeholder. What is the difference between the two? How companies distinguish stakeholder.
- What process does a company adopt to go through to and respond to stakeholders’ concerns? What are the steps in this process?
- What is the agency problem? What are the governance mechanisms that can be put in place to guard against this problem?
- Describe internal controls and strategies that can be implemented to ensure ethical behavior within a company. Why internal controls to maintain ethical concerns are important?
Chapter 12 Questions
- How can organizational design contribute to competitive advantage? What elements in organizational design are important?
- Describe how a strong organizational culture leads to transparency, ethics, and to competitive advantage within a company.
- How do corporations develop strategic plans for single or multidivisional structures? What are some advantages and problems in implementing a multidivisional structures?
- How do companies implement strategies at a global level? What organizational structures help them develop competitive advantage?