Qualitative Article Analysis
For this Application, you will read and analyze an article detailing a study that employed a qualitative research approach. As you read, be sure to take note of the characteristics of qualitative research and why a qualitative research approach was more appropriate for the study.
To prepare for this Application:
- Review the following readings for this week: Qualitative Inquiry and Research Design: Choosing Among Five Approaches; Qualitative Research and Evaluation Methods; and Research Design: Qualitative, Quantitative, and Mixed Methods Approaches. Consider the characteristics of qualitative research.
- Review Chapter 2 and Chapter 6 in the APA Manual.
- Locate the article your instructor has selected for the class to read and analyze (this should be posted as an announcement by Day 2 this week).
- For the article your instructor has selected:
- Analyze the article for characteristics of qualitative research.
- Analyze the strengths and weaknesses of using a qualitative approach for the study in question. Why use a qualitative approach instead of a quantitative one?
- Craft a 3- to 5-page paper in which you do the following:
- Analyze a qualitative research article for:
- Characteristics of qualitative research and
- The strengths and weaknesses of using a qualitative approach for the study instead of a quantitative approach