Elements of Religious Traditions Paper
- Writea 700- to 1,050-word paper that does the following:
- Describes these basic components of religious traditions and their relationship to the sacred:
- What a religious tradition saysâ€”its teachings, texts, doctrine, stories, myths, and others
- What a religious tradition doesâ€”worship, prayer, pilgrimage, ritual, and so forth
- How a religious tradition organizesâ€”leadership, relationships among members, and so forth
- Identifies key critical issues in the study of religion.
- Includes specific examples from the various religious traditions described in the Week One readings that honor the sacredâ€”such as rituals of the Igbo to mark life events, the vision quest as a common ritual in many Native American societies, or the influence of the shaman as a leader. You may also include examples from your own religious tradition or another religious tradition with which you are familiar.
- Format your paper consistent with APA guidelines