Using the Framingham Heart Study Dataset, you will compare the risk factors in men and women where you will use the following patient characteristics: age, systolic blood pressure, diastolic blood pressure, use of anti-hypertensive medication, current smoker, total serum cholesterol, mg/dL, body mass index (BMI), and diabetes, by determining the means for each risk factor.
Create a table that summarizes your results. H0 The risk factors for heart disease listed as patient characteristics are not related to if the patient is male or female in the Framingham Heart Study. (Null Hypothesis) H1 The risk factors for heart disease listed as patient characteristics are related to if the patient is male or female in the Framingham Heart Study. (Alternative Hypothesis) Steps of R Studio Analysis shown on page 67 in Introductory Statistics with R. > x sd < (x) > var < (x) > median (x) Steps of Excel Analysis To conduct your analysis of the data, sort the data by the Sex/Gender variable and sort by smallest to largest.
Compute the means and standard deviations for continuous variables using AVERAGE(range) and STDEV(range) functions – Compute n(%) for dichotomous variables using COUNT(range) and COUNTIF (range, criteria) functions modifying ranges accordingly.
- Present your findings by cutting and pasting your results table in a Word document that includes a title page, introduction, a discussion where you interpret the meaning of the table, and a conclusion.
- Your submission should be 4 pages to discuss and display your findings.
- Provide support for your statements with in-text citations from a minimum of four scholarly, peer-reviewed articles. Two of these sources may be from the class readings, textbook, or lectures, but others must be external.
- Follow APA writing standards
- No plagiarism
- The resources are not more than 5 years ago.
Looking for a similar assignment? Our writers will offer you original work free from plagiarism. We follow the assignment instructions to the letter and always deliver on time. Be assured of a quality paper that will raise your grade. Order now and Get a 15% Discount! Use Coupon Code "Newclient"
Also posted onMay 13, 2020 @ 8:29 am