Assignment 1: Human Trafficking
Group therapy is one of the most successful interventions for adolescents. This is because of the nature of this stage of development and the need to belong to a group. Hearing the stories of other teens and knowing that their experiences and feelings are similar is very therapeutic. Another characteristic of the adolescent stage is a short attention span, so the clinical social worker should tailor exercises that initiate and sustain discussion for adolescents.
For this Assignment, watch the “Bradley” video.
In a 2- to 3-page paper, identify two opening exercises that you might recommend for a group of adolescent girls who were victims of human trafficking.
· Describe the exercises in detail so that another social worker would be able to implement them.
· Explain ways these exercises might be effective in creating a comfortable environment for these teenage girls.
· Support your rationale with the literature. For example, what does the literature say about teenage girls who have been arrested for prostitution/human trafficking and who openly discuss their experiences?
· How do these exercises promote group cohesion and encourage these teens to talk openly?
References (use 3 or more)
Toseland, R. W., & Rivas, R. F. (2017). An introduction to group work practice (8th ed.). Boston, MA: Pearson.
- Chapter 7, “The Group Begins” (pp. 197–230)
- Chapter 8, “Assessment” (pp. 230-263)
Lietz, C. A. (2007). Strengths-based group practice: Three case studies. Social Work With Groups, 30(2), 73–87.
Laureate Education. (Producer). (2013a). Bradley (Episode 1) [Video file]. In Sessions. Baltimore, MD: Producer.
Looking for a similar assignment? Our writers will offer you original work free from plagiarism. We follow the assignment instructions to the letter and always deliver on time. Be assured of a quality paper that will raise your grade. Order now and Get a 15% Discount! Use Coupon Code "Newclient"
Also posted onApril 26, 2020 @ 5:15 am