The assignment (1-3pages)
- Select a spiritual intervention for both clients and professionals for the prevention or treatment of vicarious trauma. Personal refers to individual life choices and wellness, while professional refers to professional identity
- Justify your selection using evidence-based research.
- For both areas, identify which ACA spiritual competency this intervention represents and explain why.
- Be specific and use examples to illustrate your points.
- Course Text: Secondary traumatic stress: Self-care issues for clinicians, researchers, and educators
- Chapter 9, “Trauma-Based Psychiatry for Primary Care”
- Course Text: Quitangon, G. & Evces, M. (2015). Vicarious Trauma and Disaster Mental Health: Understanding Risks and Promoting Resilience. New York: Routlege
- Chapter 13
- Article: Chan, C., Ng, S., Ho, R., & Chow, A., (2006). East meets west: Applying Eastern spirituality in clinical practice. Journal of Clinical Nursing, 15(7), 822 – 832.
- Article: Farley, Y. (2007). Making the connection: Spirituality, trauma and resiliency. Journal of Religion and Spirituality in Social Work, 26(1), 1–15.
- Article: Peres, J., Moreida-Almeida, A., Nasello, A., & Koenig, H. (2007). Spirituality and resilience in trauma victims. Journal of Religious Health, 46(3), 343 – 350.
- Article: Tehrani, N. (2007). The cost of caring- The impact of secondary trauma on assumptions, values, and beliefs. Counseling Psychology Quarterly, 20(4), 325–339.
- Article: Trippany, R., Wilcoxon, S., & Satcher, J. (2003). Factors influencing vicarious traumatization for therapists of survivors of sexual victimization. Journal of Trauma Practice, 2(1), 47–60.
- Article: Vis, J. & Boynton, H. (2008). Spirituality and transcendent meaning: Possibilities for enhancing post traumatic growth. Journal of Religion and Spirituality in Social Work: Social Thought, 27(1/2), 69 – 86.
- Article: Spirituality: A white paper issued by the Association of Spiritual, Ethical, and Religious Values in Counseling. Retrieved from:http://www. aservic.org then click on > Resources > White Paper on Spirituality.
- Spiritual Competencies: Association for Spiritual, Ethical, and Religious Values in Counseling. (2009). Competencies for Addressing Spiritual and Religious Issues in Counseling. Retrieved January 29, 2013, from: http://www.counseling.org/docs/default-source/competencies/competencies-for-addressing-spiritual-and-religious-issues-in-counseling.pdf?sfvrsn=2
Looking for a similar assignment? Our writers will offer you original work free from plagiarism. We follow the assignment instructions to the letter and always deliver on time. Be assured of a quality paper that will raise your grade. Order now and Get a 15% Discount! Use Coupon Code "Newclient"
Also posted onApril 14, 2020 @ 8:41 am