strategic management analysis internal assessment
Please help me with this assignment! The rubric that needs to be followed is attached for each ‘part’ of the assignment. They are to be separate documents. Thank you! 🙂
Part 3 – Strategic Management Analysis
Walt Disney Company has invested in different methods of analysis to gain and retain industry standing. The threats and opportunities that exist for an organization are identified through studying and appraising the external environment. In order to be competitive, an organization must look closely at these aspects to properly formulate a successful strategic plan.
Write a three- to four-page APA formatted paper with at least two outside sources (in addition to the text) incorporating the following aspects: NOTE: Title and reference pages are not included in page count.
- Organizations as Open Systems:
- One key aspect is the â€œEnvironment as Information Perspectives.â€ Discuss what was determined to be the environmental uncertainty for your chosen organization.
- Another important aspect is the â€œEnvironment as Source of Resource Perspective.â€ Discuss the way in which management has been able to attain and regulate these critical resources for your organization.
- Provide a breakdown of these two perspectives to better see how they can be applied. If these perspectives are not readily available for your organization, you may infer them from information about the organization that is available.
- External and Environmental Analysis:
- Within the specific environment, multiple variables exist. Discuss which two of the five competitive forces were found to be most valuable and why.
- The general environment also needs to be examined. There are five sectors that should be analyzed. After evaluating each, discuss which two you believe will most impact the strategic management plan for your chosen organization and why.
In addition to the aspects above, please share the advantages and disadvantages that exist when performing an external analysis. What did you find to be the most beneficial and detrimental factors during this analysis? Incorporate information from the readings, your research, and personal experience (using APA citations where appropriate).
Part 4 – Creating an Internal Assessment Survey
Your boss needs you to develop an employee assessment survey that consists of 10 questions and will be administered through email to all employees. She hands you the following requirements that must be addressed within the survey:
- Integrating a Likert scale
- Identifying technical competencies on ERP systems
- Examining skill depth within financial services
- Reviewing overall knowledge of HR legal compliance
- Understanding depth of product knowledge
- Comprehending engineering technical abilities
- Gathering information on general shipping knowledge
- Identifying interest in future leaders
Your job is to submit your boss the questionnaire that contains 10 specific questions that integrate the requirements above along with any other necessary pieces of information you believe would add value to understanding the employees’ feelings about their operational knowledge and capabilities.
Additionally, you need to submit a two-page summary that includes an introduction showcasing an understanding of internal assessments. Within the body of the paper, provide comparative research to other possible external surveys. Lastly, within the conclusion, discuss why your survey will add operational value to the organization.