You have been the District Sales Manager for Z-Mobile (a nation-wide cell phone company) for the past 2 years. You’ve been noticing a decline in sales, and your Sales Managers are reporting that the Sales Representatives at many of the stores are not feeling very motivated. You think this is partially due to the current compensation program in which all employees are paid a base salary without any bonuses or commission. Your plan is to unveil a new compensation program that you believe will increase employee motivation and lead to a significant increase in sales. You will also be creating a new job description for Sales Managers that refocuses their tasks and responsibilities. Additionally, you will use a motivational theory to retrain all current Sales Managers.
In a 2-3 page Word document, please address the following.
- Explain the pros and cons of the current compensation program.
- Provide your recommendation and rationale for using a different compensation program that you believe will better motivate employees and lead to an increase in sales.
- Identify which motivational theory you will use to retrain all current Sales Managers and explain your rationale. Include which types of rewards you will use based on your selected motivational theory.
- On a separate page, create a Sales Manager job description that focuses on their tasks and responsibilities.
- Include a reference list with at least 3 quality references. Ensure that APA formatting guidelines are followed throughout the paper.
NOTE – Be sure the documents contain proper grammar, spelling, punctuation, and sentence structure.