Vargas Family Case Study: Fourth Session (Obj. 4.1 and 4.2)
Review the Vargas Family Case Study located in the class resources. Write a 750-1,000-word paper in which you demonstrate how counselors apply structural family counseling theory to analyze the presenting problems and choose appropriate interventions.
Be sure to answer the following questions in your paper:
- What are two current presenting problems for the Vargas family?
- How are the problems maintained according to the structural family counseling perspective?
- What structural interventions would you plan to use in your next session? Make sure to identify and describe your plan for two interventions.
- What is the role of the counselor in the change process according to the structural family counseling perspective?
- Include at least three scholarly sources (peer-reviewed journal articles, books, etc.).
Prepare this assignment according to the guidelines found in the APA Style Guide, located in the Student Success Center.
This assignment uses a rubric. Please review the rubric prior to beginning the assignment to become familiar with the expectations for successful completion.
You are required to submit this assignment to LopesWrite. A link to the LopesWrite technical support articles is located in Course Resources if you need assistance.
This assignment is informed by the following CACREP Standards:
2.F.5.a. Theories and models of counseling.
5.C.3.b. Techniques and interventions for prevention and treatment of a broad range of mental health issues.
Goldenberg, I., Stanton, M., & Goldenberg, H. (2016). Family therapy: An overview (9th ed.). Cengage. ISBN-13: 9781305092969