the analysis and interpretation of qualitative data 4
To prepare for this Assignment:
- Review the Interview Guide Instructions and the Interview Guide Example found in this weekâ€™s Learning Resources, and use these questions for your interview.
- Conduct your phone interview with your colleague from this course or another Walden student you selected.
- Make sure to record your phone interview for your transcription. (Note: It will be important for you to notify your interviewee that the interview will be recorded for transcription purposes prior to conducting the interview.)
- Review the readings and media programs in this weekâ€™s Learning Resources related to coding and consider how you will code the data you have gathered for your Major Assignment 2.
- Once you conduct your phone interview, begin to transcribe and code your interview.
Once you complete your phone interview, continue with the Part 3: Results section of your Major Assignment 2. You will continue to work through your Part 3: Results section in Weeks 7â€“9.
Part 3: Results
During this course, you have coded your two Scholars of Change videos, you have conducted and coded your phone interview, and you have gathered data from the Walden social change website and any other documents or websites you might have included. For this Part 3 of your Major Assignment, you will write up the results of your findings. You will include the following in your write-up:
- Data Sourcesâ€”briefly describe each data source including location, duration of data collection, how data were recorded, and unusual circumstances.
- Two Scholars of Change videos- see attached
- One phone interview- see attached transcript but recorded with another cellphone
- Resources from the Walden social change website- see attached on excel document
- Instrumentationâ€”briefly describe the type of instrumentation you used for your data collection.
- Who developed each data collection tool and what is the date of publication?
- Where and with which participant group has it been used previously?
- How appropriate is it for current study and include whether modifications will be or were needed?
- Data Analysisâ€”based on the data sources in â€œA.â€, provide a detailed analysis to include the following:
- Report the process used to move inductively from coded units to larger representations including categories and themes.
- Describe the specific codes, categories, and themes that emerged from the data using quotations as needed to emphasize their importance. See Salanda and excel doc
- 1st cycleâ€”describe, give examples.
- 2nd cycleâ€”describe, give examples/moving from codes to categories.
- Identify themesâ€”provide examples and illustrate your results with a figure or a chart.