1. As the articles in this week’s reading point out, climate change means we are likely to see far more pandemics, some of which may be far more serious than COVID-19. This makes it all the more important to reduce carbon emissions. But there are some reach dilemmas involved with this. Developing countries complain that unless they can use fossil fuels they will never catch up with the US, Europe, and Japan economically. They want these “advanced” countries to bear the burden of reducing carbon emissions. But the US in particular has seen growing inequality in recent years and our usual way of responding that has not been redistribution but rather simply growing the economy so even if there is inequality, absolute poverty declines. And this may not be compatible with reduced carbon emissions.
How would you respond to these ethical dilemmas? How do you balance the goods of ecosystem integrity, economic growth, and reduced inequality?
2. What issues about our economic system (capitalism) have been raised by the pandemic? How would you respond to these issues? More specifically, do you agree with those who argue that the pandemic strengthens the argument against capitalism or do you think that capitalism can be reformed or modified to address the problems highlighted by the pandemic?
3. The term “ergonomics” is derived from two Greek words: “ergon,” meaning work, and “nomoi,” meaning natural laws. Ergonomists study human capabilities in relationship to work demands.
1) Explain in your own words what Ergonomics & Workspace Design is.
2) List at least 3 tips related to the textbook reading regarding equipment placement
3) What are the examples of Ergonomic hardware listed?
Post your response in the body of the discussion thread (no attachments), and then read and reply to another member of the class to receive points for this discussion.
Looking for a similar assignment? Our writers will offer you original work free from plagiarism. We follow the assignment instructions to the letter and always deliver on time. Be assured of a quality paper that will raise your grade. Order now and Get a 15% Discount! Use Coupon Code "Newclient"
Also posted onMay 10, 2020 @ 1:41 pm