Using your assigned determinant of health, provide an example of an unfunded mandate.
In response, ask a critical thought question (see Module 1 for definition) on the implication of passing legislation without proper funding.
For this discussion:
- Initial post: 350 words
5. Discuss the means by which structural bias, social inequities, and racism undermine health and create challenges to achieving health equity at organizational, community, and societal levels.
9. Explain basic principles and tools of budget and resource management.
11. Discuss multiple dimensions of the policy-making process, including the roles of ethics and evidence.
13. Advocate for political, social, or economic policies and programs that will improve health in diverse populations.
14. Evaluate policies for their impact on public health and health equity.
1. Discuss the implications of unfunded mandates on determinants of health.