- What types of information would help you identify a research study as quantitative? (Select all that apply.)A.Data is collected using such approaches as interviews, focus groups, and open-ended questions on surveys.B.Data is collected using Likert scales on surveys.C.Results are reported using numbers and statistics.D.Results are reported using themes and words.
- What kind of study is described in the following excerpt?
Researchers are interested in studying the impact of living in a family where a child has been diagnosed with cancer. They collaborate with the oncology department at a large children’s hospital to identify and receive consent from families that have a child with a cancer diagnosis. Participants are consented and data is collected and triangulated using one-on-one interviews, focus groups, and surveys. Data is analyzed for thematic analysis.A.Quantitative researchB.Qualitative researchC.Mixed-methods researchD.Systematic reviewsE.Literature reviewsF.Cohort studies
- Both literature reviews and systematic reviews are types of research evidence reviews. True
- Which of the following is a type of quantitative research study?A.PhenomenologyB.Case studyC.Randomized controlled trialD.EthnographyE.Participative action researchF.Ground theory
- What type of information would help you identify a research study as qualitative? (Select all that apply.)A.Data is collected using such approaches as interviews, focus groups, and open-ended questions on surveys.B.Data is collected using Likert scales on surveys.C.Results are reported using numbers and statistics.D.Results are reported using themes and words.E.Data is collected using surveys with fill-in-the-blank questions.F.Results are reported using a mixture of numbers and themes.
- What type of literature may a systematic review include to be considered Level 1 evidence on the Melnyk & Fineout-Overholt levels of evidence hierarchy?A.Phenomenology studiesB.Grounded theory studiesC.Descriptive studiesD.Cohort studiesE.Controlled trials without randomizationF.Randomized controlled trials
- Mixed-methods studies are a combination of which two methodologies?A.Quantitative research methodologies and literature reviewsB.Quantitative and qualitative research methodologiesC.Qualitative research methodologies and systematic reviewsD.Literature reviews and qualitative research methodologiesE.Quasi-experimental and program evaluation
- The methods used in conducting a systematic review are specific and rigorous. True
- Which of the following types of research can be categorized as primary research? Select all that apply. A.Cohort studyB.Literature reviewC.Grounded theory studyD.Randomized controlled trialE.Systematic reviewF.Controlled trial without randomization
- What type of study is described in the following excerpt?
Surveys to evaluate nurse satisfaction, medical errors, depression and anxiety, and demographics were given to 5,432 nurses from hospitals of various sizes and geographic locations; some had nurses working 8-hour shifts and 12-hour shifts. Nurses were asked to complete the survey. Upon completion of the survey, nurses were invited to participate in video conference focus groups and one-on-one interviews with a research assistant by video conferencing. Survey results were reported using descriptive statistics, and themes were identified and reported from the data collected in the focus groups and one-on-one interviews.A.Quantitative researchB.Qualitative researchC.Quasi-experimental researchD.Mixed-methods researchE.Systematic reviews
- Which of the following statements is true of narrative reviews? (Select all that apply.)A.Narrative reviews engage a highly structured and rigorous approach to reviewing research evidence.B.Narrative reviews provide a general background discussion of a particular issue.C.Narrative reviews require a rigorous, systematic approach to searching the databases for evidence.D.Narrative reviews generally review literature that support the author’s point of view on an issue or topic.E.Narrative reviews are a type of primary research.
- You are forming a team to do a systematic review of the literature about interventions to treat post-traumatic stress disorder (PTSD). Which of the following would be your first step?A.Critically appraise the literature identified.B.Conduct an exhaustive search of multiple databases to identify the literature.C.Identify an explicit, reproducible methodology.D.Create a clearly stated set of objectives with predefined eligibility criteria for study inclusion.E.Create a dissemination plan for your systematic review.
Looking for a similar assignment? Our writers will offer you original work free from plagiarism. We follow the assignment instructions to the letter and always deliver on time. Be assured of a quality paper that will raise your grade. Order now and Get a 15% Discount! Use Coupon Code "Newclient"
Also posted onApril 24, 2020 @ 2:47 pm