B. Required Discussion Board assignment.
- Discuss a minimum of two reasons why Jackson Pollock’s style of painting, as exemplified by Convergence, is considered an important, innovative development in the history of painting. To see this painting, locate it in the unit’s Resource List.
- Imagine that you are a defense attorney for this work of art. Support your argument with research.
- Establish a very strong “argument” by considering the artist’s unique technique, what influenced him to create work like Convergence, and how this work fits into its specific era and specific art movement.
When researching the Internet for addition resources, use reliable/credible sites. Retail sites and Wikipedia are not considered reliable resources. All writing must be in your own words. Do not cut and paste information from the Web site.
You are required to comply with APA style format for internal citation and a reference list. For additional information and resources on APA, visit the APA section of the Library, available under “Library Features.”
Research a contemporary artist on the Art 21 PBS Web site. See the Resource List for this unit, for access to the Web site.
Write 150–500 words (not including references) that cover the following:
- Brief artist biography
- Explain the artist’s overall “theme” or interests.
- Describe and evaluate one of the artist’s works: title, material, size, year completed, subject matter, content, style.
- Include an image of the artwork you are describing.
- What is the possible meaning of the work? What is the artist trying to say?
- Does the work of art reveal any contemporary (current) concerns or interests? How is this demonstrated?