China and India have demonstrated trends toward Western-style consumption over the last decade. Given the emphasis on the youth market in the US over the last 60 years (since the baby boom), what can you suggest for marketers in these youth-oriented consumer economies (China and India)?
- Describe the products (goods and services) that interest these youth markets.
- Compare and contrast the micro- and macro-environmental forces that can influence the marketing strategies for these products (goods and services).
- Analyze the marketing strategies of these two countries and compare them with Western-based consumption marketers (e.g., US).
- What opportunity for U.S. companies might you foresee? Support your reasoning.
This assignment is designed to assess your critical thinking, problem solving, and communication skills. Your paper will be graded for its clarity, relevance, coherence, logic, and depth.
Your paper must be two to three pages in length (not including a cover page and reference page), and be formatted in APA style. Your paper must demonstrate that you understand international influence and micro-environmental and macro-environmental influences on marketing strategy. You must use your text and at least two additional scholarly sources.
Due March 23
Focus of the Final Paper
The Final Paper should demonstrate an understanding of the materials (texts, assignments, and discussions) covered in this course.
Assume the role of Marketing Manager. Select a product (good or service) that is sold in the United States and has sales opportunities in a foreign market. Apply your critical thinking skills and the knowledge you have acquired throughout this course and address the following in your Final Paper:
- Describe the product you selected in terms of the four utilities of customer value.
- Identify the product’s target market at home and in your stated foreign market.
- Indicate the competition of the product category in both home and foreign markets.
- Explain how you would apply the segmentation, targeting, and positioning (STP) approach to market the product in the foreign market.
- Discuss the major environmental facts and trends in the foreign markets that might affect sales of the product.
- Explain how you would develop, execute. and measure a campaign for this product considering the four p’s (product, price, promotion, and place).
- Discuss the U.S. and international ethical marketing considerations.
Writing the Final Paper
The Final Paper:
1. Must be eight- to ten- double-spaced pages in length, and formatted according to APA style as outlined in the Ashford Writing Center (not including the title and reference pages).
2. Must include a title page with the following:
a. Title of paper
b. Student’s name
c. Course name and number
d. Instructor’s name
e. Date submitted
3. Must begin with an introductory paragraph that has a succinct thesis statement.
4. Must address the topic of the paper with critical thought.
5. Must end with a conclusion that reaffirms your thesis.
6. Must use at least five scholarly references in addition to the course text.
7. Must document all sources in APA style, as outlined in the Ashford Writing Center.
8. Must include a separate reference page, formatted according to APA style as outlined in the Ashford Writing Center.
Carefully review the Grading Rubric for the criteria that will be used to evaluate your assignment.