A Framework for the Legalization and Regulation of Cannabis in Canada
Refer to attached case study and articles;
- thoroughly read the case. It is recommended that you read 2-3 times.
- Prepare a 5-page report (12-point font, double spaced not including the title page or reference page), that addresses the following questions:
- Describe the industry in which Organigram is operating.
- What factors contribute to the ambiguity faced by Organigram?
- What possibilities currently exist for Organigram to grow? Will they change with legalization and if so how?
- What evaluation criteria should Organigram use when assessing growth options while keeping in mind the recommendations from the Task Force?
- What would you recommend Organigram’s next steps be?
- What changes may occur within the industry that may impact Organigram’s growth?
Charlebois, S., Somogyi, S., & Sterling, B. (2018). Cannabis-infused food and Canadian Consumers’ willingness to consider “recreational” cannabis as a food ingredient. Trends in Food Science and Technology, 74, 112-118.
DMZ. (n.d.). Canada’s tech entrepreneurs cashing in on cannabis. Retrieved from https://dmz.ryerson.ca/canadas-tech-entrepreneurs-cashing-in-on-cannabis/
Government of Canada (2016). A Framework for the Legalization and Regulation of Cannabis in Canada: The Final Report of the Task Force on Cannabis Legalization and Regulations. Chapters 1-6. Retrieved From: https://www.canada.ca/en/health-canada/services/drugs-medication/cannabis/laws-regulations/task-force-cannabis-legalization-regulation/framework-legalization-regulation-cannabis-in-canada.html.