A 68-year-old client lives alone and is independent with all ADLs, has no restrictions for mobility, and is competent, and oriented x4. The client is on a fixed income but has enough to manage a modest lifestyle. The client has family and social supports but is very independent and is proud of her self-reliance. The client’s height is 5’ 6”, weight is 210 lb. / 95.25 kg.
Please answer the following:
- What is the client’s BMI?
- Identify what screening tools you would use to assess nutritional and exercise knowledge, and why?
- Identify two client outcomes that are reasonable, measurable and realistic
- Identify 3 nursing interventions for each client outcome and give rationales for each
- Identify what weakness in the client’s life and supports may be impacting the client’s activity and diet?
- What referrals would you make and why?
- Identify your references in APA format. Use references not just opinion.
Length: 1500 to 1750 words in length
Structure: Include a title page and reference page in APA format. These do not count towards the minimum word count for this assignment. Your essay must include an introduction and a conclusion.
References: Use appropriate APA style in-text citations and references for all resources utilized to answer the questions. A minimum of two (2) scholarly sources are required for this assignment.
Bickley, L. (2017). Bates’ guide to physical examination and history-taking (12th ed.) Philadelphia, PA: Lippincott Williams & Wilkins. ISBN: 978-1469893419 – CHAPTER 20