Assignment 2: Brochure or Presentation on a Religion
Due Week 10 and worth 240 points
Select one (1) of the following religions with which you are least familiar: Buddhism, Islam, or Judaism, and complete this assignment.
Choose Buddhism, Judaism, or Islam and create a four to six (4 6) page brochure in which you:
- Focus on one(1) of the following topics:
- major festivals (discuss a minimum of two  of your choice)
- meditation (purpose, method, etc.)
- rites of passage (funerals, marriage, etc.)
- Provide a brief overview of the following:
- the type / sect of the religion on which you are reporting
- the origin of the religion, key people who practice, beliefs, view of God, description of the sacred text
- the countries where the festival / meditation rites of passage are practiced
- the festival / meditation / rite of passage of this religion
- Include five to ten (5 10) images to make your brochure engaging, attractive, and easy to read.
- Use at least three (3) quality resources in this assignment. Note: Wikipedia and similar Websites do not qualify as quality resources.
The specific course learning outcomes associated with this assignment are:
- Analyze the similarities and differences in the primary beliefs held by major religious traditions and the cultures in which these religions evolved.
- Describe the varieties of religious experience and practice in a wide range of cultures.
- Recognize how daily life within various religions and current affairs are influenced by religion.
- Develop written pieces that demonstrate an analysis of a topic relevant to the course.
- Use technology and information resources to research issues in religion.
- Write clearly and concisely about world religions using proper writing mechanics