Enter Sentinel Town® via the link to begin your virtual experience by taking a tour by car of Sentinel Town®. Since this is your first tour, select the slowest speed and stay in the car the entire time at least once before getting out of the car.
As you take the tour, write down your observations, specifically those that align with the following demographics and/or subsystems listed in the left-hand column of the rubric.
- Describe the characteristics of the people you see in Sentinel Town®.
- What are the race/ethnicity distribution, age ranges, and gender mix?
- Are there signs of poverty or wealth? What are they?
- Who do you see on the streets?
- Parent with child, teens, couples, disabled persons?
- Are there homeless persons, beggars, etc.?
- Is there anyone in the city you would not expect to see?
- Are there dogs on or off leash? Are there other animals?
- Are there churches and other formal religious buildings?
- What are their denominations?
Compile your observations addressing each item listed in the first column of the rubric. You are encouraged to add other relevant observations that may not be listed in the first column.
Select a target population of interest and discuss relevant demographic data and health status indicators for this population group. Identify major health concerns for this target population. Include a discussion of major health concerns in relation to a global health issue.
Reading and Resources
- Harkness & DeMarco (2016) Read Chapters 1 & 2
- Read all Sentinel City information available at the top of the course homepage.
- Visit QSEN: Quality and Safety Education for Nurses
- Read the Report: The Future of Nursing: Leading Change, Advancing Health
- Read the Report: The Future of Public Health
- Review Final Project Requirements
- Watch the Henry Street Settlement: 120 Years in 4 Minutes Video
- View this 9 minute video entitled Community Assessment Windshield Survey, to help you see what types of things to look for when you conduct a windshield survey in the Sentinel City simulation
- All submissions should have a title page and reference page.
- Utilize a minimum of two scholarly resources.
- Adhere to grammar, spelling and punctuation criteria.
- Adhere to APA compliance guidelines.
- Adhere to the chosen Submission Option for Delivery of Activity guidelines.
- 4 to 6-page paper. Include title and reference pages.
Note: Title and reference pages/slides do not count towards the count requirements.
Looking for a similar assignment? Our writers will offer you original work free from plagiarism. We follow the assignment instructions to the letter and always deliver on time. Be assured of a quality paper that will raise your grade. Order now and Get a 15% Discount! Use Coupon Code "Newclient"
Also posted onApril 24, 2020 @ 1:50 pm