Photosynthesis: Acquiring Energy from the Sun
1. If the amount of sunlight stayed constant throughout the year, how would this affect accessory
pigment reflection of light?
2. How would you determine if the first ETS was functioning properly?
3. If photons did not energize electrons, how would this affect NADPH production?
4. If protons were not permitted across the thylakoid membrane how would this affect ATP
5. How would you determine if an organism conducted photosynthesis?
6. Diagram the 4 parts of the light dependent reactions of photosynthesis and discuss how the
energy of the electron fuels the formation of ATP and NADPH.
7. What is the chemical equation that represents the substrates and products of photosynthesis?
8. If chemiosmosis did not occur, how would this affect the production of glucose in the Calvin