4.3 Assessment Criteria
Assessment criteria set out the details by which your performance in each task will be judged. This information will give you a clear and explicit understanding of the standards you are expected to achieve relative to the marks awarded.
4.3.1 Individual Report: (20%)
Students at campuses outside of Australia have the choice of selecting one of the two topics for this assignment. Students at campuses within Australia are encouraged to do Topic 1, if you want to do topic 2 (See Appendix iii, p.14), you need to discuss with your lecturer and get his/her permission.
Topic 1.One of the most fascinating features of the global economy is that governments have such different ideas about what makes for a dynamic business climate, and so do other elements of society. Of course, these ideas and the government policies that go with them condition the threats, opportunities, and hurdles faced by firms at home and abroad. Please complete a 1800 2000 word long analytical paper that addresses the following question:
In what ways, if at all, will the recent implementation of Australia’s “Carbon Tax” affect the strategies of firms located in Australia and their domestic and international competitiveness? Use corporate examples from selected industries and countries to support your argument.
Your report will be assessed based on the following criteria:
Word count requirement: 1,800~2,000 words.
- A clear, informative introduction and well summarized conclusion with the key elements of your argument,
- Good understanding of different elements of national/international business environments, of how government policies can influence their country’s competitiveness, and what the implications are for firms.
- Use sufficient and appropriate material and apply relevant concepts/perspectives/theories effectively support the key points.
- A clear logical flow between paragraphs and demonstrate the ability to critically reflect upon key ideas/issues.
- Integration of content and literature written skills
- Use appropriate academic writing format. Make sure the writing is easy to read but avoid looking like a list of bullet points. This is not a business report. You do not need to write an executive summary. A coherent answer to the questions is what I looking for.
- Attach any relevant appendices to the assignment.
- Source material should be correctly identified and referenced. The APA of citing references is recommended.
If you are unsure about the format please ask your lecturer for advice and guidance. A guide to the UB Library Services APA citation style is available at: http://www.ballarat.edu.au/aasp/is/library/assignment_research/referencing/apa.php
For the detailed marking criteria, please refer to the attached marking sheets in Appendix ii.
Due Date: Printed report is required to hand in before class in week 5 (Aug. 28th, 2014). Off campus students seek advice from lecturer on due date. A copy of the Turnitin checking result is required to hand in with your individual report.