Read the following case studies:
- Case Study: Desert Viejo Elementary School
- Case Study: Joshua
Review the “Design Two Interventions Template,” and create a 10-12-slide PowerPoint presentation (in addition to a title slide and references slide). Within the presentation, outline an intervention for each case study. One of the interventions must include critical incident stress debriefing (CISD). Choose a different evidence-based intervention for the second case study. It is up to you to decide which type of intervention is best suited for each scenario. Include the following in your interventions:
- Step-by-step description of each intervention plan
- Rationale for choosing each intervention
- Identify local community resources in your area where clients could receive services (e.g., counseling, support groups, medication, mentorship, housing). Be sure to include pertinent contact information for the resource.
- As a participating member, describe how you would collaborate and communicate with the interdisciplinary community outreach and emergency management response teams from each scenario (e.g., police officers, firefighters, EMTs, etc.)