Effective health communication is as important to health care as clinical skill. To improve individual health and build healthy communities, providers need to recognize and address the unique culture, language, and health literacy of diverse consumers and communities. As Advanced Practice Nurses, we must be knowledgeable but also culturally savvy and understand the nuances of the populations that we serve.
Prior to writing this week’s discussion post, first, complete the self-assessment checklist, reflect upon the information you learned about yourself, and then review the following learning material:
- Cultural Competence Self-Assessment Checklist
- National Institutes of Health: Cultural Respect
- Health Resources and Services Administration: Cultural Language and Health Literacy
- Effective Communication Tools 2016 (YouTube)
- Effective Communication Tools 2016 (YouTube) video transcript
- For this discussion, identify a vulnerable population in your own community. Describe the characteristics of this group—what makes them vulnerable—and utilize at least three scholarly resources to answer the following question for your initial post
- As an APRN, how can you advocate for this identified vulnerable population within your community? List and discuss at least three ways in which you can advocate :
- half a page
Looking for a similar assignment? Our writers will offer you original work free from plagiarism. We follow the assignment instructions to the letter and always deliver on time. Be assured of a quality paper that will raise your grade. Order now and Get a 15% Discount! Use Coupon Code "Newclient"
Also posted onMay 11, 2020 @ 8:27 pm