The Tutor selected will also be working on the Argumentative Paper Format and Outline Template
Part 1: Initial Post
This is a small-group discussion forum. Continue working in your assigned group based on the theme you chose.
Post the draft of your essay using the template:
- Argumentative Paper Format and Outline Template (Template found in the Module folder.)
Part 2: Responses to Peers (Peer Review)
The second part of the peer review and the most important part is the review of other learnersâ€™ essays. Each essay is made up of multiple parts. In order to have a strong essay each part must be logical and effective. In many cases essays will be written with a strong thesis, but the rest of the paper will be lacking, making the paper ineffective. An essay is only as strong as its weakest point.
One of the most important steps for creating a strong essay is to have others review it. By completing a peer review you will be able to create a better thesis statement and supporting arguments. Using a checklist will allow you to focus your review and to rate each of the parts.
There are many different peer review checklists, but the one below should be helpful for your assignment. Be sure to address as many questions as possible with your peer review.
- Is the thesis clear?
- Does the author use his or her own ideas in the thesis and argument?
- Is the significance of the problem in the paper explained? Is the significance compelling?
- Are the ideas developed logically and thoroughly?
- Does the author use ethos effectively?
- Does the author use pathos effectively?
- Are different viewpoints acknowledged?
- Are objections effectively handled?
- Does the author give adequate explanations about sources used?
- Are the sources well-integrated into the paper, or do they seem to be added in just for the sake of adding sources?
- Is the word choice specific, concrete and interesting?
- Are the sentences clear?
- Is the overall organization of the argument effective?
- Are the transitions between paragraphs smooth?
- Are there any grammatical errors?
After you have posted your own essay to the Discussion assignment, post at least two substantive responses addressing all of the questions above. Respond to one learner in your group and another outside of your group.
The bulk of the work in this weekâ€™s discussion will be done with your replies to your peers and the points do reflect that in the rubric.
Looking for a similar assignment? Our writers will offer you original work free from plagiarism. We follow the assignment instructions to the letter and always deliver on time. Be assured of a quality paper that will raise your grade. Order now and Get a 15% Discount! Use Coupon Code "Newclient"
Also posted onJanuary 1, 1970 @ 12:00 am