Write a six to eight (6-8) page paper in which you:
1. Analyze the obesity problem in the U.S. as compared to another developed country in which the obesity problem is not as significant. Include factors such as age, gender, race, socioeconomic status, and marital status in your analysis. Hypothesize the reason why the rate of obesity is higher in the U.S. than the other country.
2.Compare obesity rates and obesity-related health care costs in your state to all of the U.S. Recommend how your state can treat obesity as a threat to public health.
3. Suggest how politics of this issue will hinder your ability as an epidemiologist to help your community and / or state deal with the issue of obesity.
4. Propose four (4) new policies or laws that the government can implement to address the obesity problem in the U.S. Include the implications of those policies or laws on people, health insurance, health care providers, businesses, and the food industry.
5. Assess and address the causes which have made obesity rates increase for the past decade.
6. Use at least four (4) quality academic resources in this assignment. Note: Wikipedia and other Websites do not qualify as academic resources.
Your assignment must:
â€¢Be typed, double spaced, using Times New Roman font (size 12), with one-inch margins on all sides; references must follow APA or school-specific format. Check with your professor for any additional instructions.
â€¢Include a cover page containing the title of the assignment, the studentâ€™s name, the professorâ€™s name, the course title, and the date. The cover page and the reference page are not included in the required page length.
The specific course learning outcomes associated with this assignment are:
â€¢Describe mortality, risk adjustment, and descriptive epidemiology: Time, Place, and Person
â€¢Examine the application of epidemiology to specific diseases.
â€¢Use technology and information resources to research issues in managerial epidemiology.
â€¢Write clearly and concisely about managerial epidemiology using proper writing mechanics.
Grading for this assignment will be based on answer quality, logic/organization of the paper, and language and writing skills. Click here to view the grading rubric.