“Streaming Live and Harlem Renaissance” Please respond to one (1) of the following, using sources under the Explore heading as the basis of your response:
- Write for one (1) minute using the stream of consciousness writing method (Note: You may also type it offline and copy it within this discussion thread). Describe your experience and your reaction to what you wrote. Of the samples of the stream of consciousness technique given in this week’s chapters, determine which you prefer and explain the reasons why.
- Of the various authors, artists, and musicians who participated in the Harlem Renaissance, identify the person whose autograph you would most want, and explain the reasons why. Provide one (1) example that illustrates the reason why you selected the person that you did.
- Chapter 35 (pp. 1164 1166); Chapter 36 (p. 1189), stream of consciousness – background and samples
- Method and exploration of stream of consciousness writing at http://dversepoets.com/2012/05/24/stream of conscousness writing/
- Writing a stream: http://thewritepractice.com/stream of consciousness/ and http://literarydevices.net/stream of consciousness/
- Chapter 36 (pp. 1172 1180)
- Website and video at http://www.history.com/topics/harlem renaissance