ol project draft 2
SECTION I & II
Company is APPLE Inc.
Books: Dobbs, R. (2010). Transformational leadership: A blueprint for real organizational change. Marion, MI: Parkhurst Brothers. ISBN-13: 978-0983080602
Harvard Business Review (2013). HBR’s 10 Must Reads on Innovation. Boston, MA: Harvard Business Review Press. ISBN-13: 978-1422189856
Pink, D. (2013). To sell is human: the surprising truth about moving others. New York: Riverhead Books. ISBN-13: 978-1594631900
Critical Assignment Overview
You are developing a comprehensive Organizational Leadership Innovation Plan. Identify and select a specific organization that you are currently employed or affiliated with (if not currently employed can select a previous employer or affiliation.) TIP: YOU MUST BE INTIMITALY FAMILIAR WITH THIS ORGANIZATION AND IT MUST BE REAL, SELECTING YOUR EMPLOYER IS STRONGLY RECOMMENDED. This will become your â€œchosenâ€ organization and the context for your ENTIRE project. -You cannot change organizations mid-course, choose wisely.
Your plan will thoroughly examine three facets:
(1) An overview of your chosen organization, and personal leadership examination, including examination of conflict styles.
(2) Assessment and Plan for leveraging the organizationâ€™s human capital, diversity and inclusion.
(3) Strategic Assessment, Change plan, and Ethical Evaluation: assessing the organization’s strategy, identifying and recommending an innovative change (to address a gap, need, or issue) that currently exists in your organization in order to make the organization more strategic and sustainable.
You will be tasked with utilizing the skill sets you have acquired from the courses you have completed in this program as well as the subsequent learning that comes from synthesizing the concepts and experience applying the concepts in real-life. Theories covered in the following courses should be applied in the analysis:
Foundations of Organizational Leadership
Conflict Resolution and Negotiations
Leadership Across Cultures
Leading Organizational Change
Practical Financial Management
Managing Human Capital
Legal, Ethical, and Public Policy Issues
Write a plan that includes each of the following components:
I. My Organization & Personal Leadership Examination
- Organization Overview: Identify and select a specific organization that you are currently employed or affiliated with (if not currently employed can select a previous employer or affiliation). Include description of the industry, history or founding background. Provide an overview of the organizationâ€™s financial health. Examine what is this organizationâ€™s standing within their industry (are they a leader, are they a new-comer, an underdog).
- Personal Leadership Philosophy: Articulate what is your personal leadership philosophy- identify the top two leadership theories that most resonate with you and that you strive to exemplify. Discuss how itâ€™s an appropriate match for your organizational role you are in. Discuss if thereâ€™s any challenges in applying this style at this organization and/or in your role, are there any discrepancies or modifications that you have to make in order to be effective in this style within your workplace culture.
- Future Leadership Vision: Discuss at least two potential components/facets of leadership that you would like to focus on further developing in order to be better prepared for your future leadership aspirations. Examine how your personal values, beliefs, and faith shape your motivations for your leadership aspirations.
- Personal Conflict Style: Identify which conflict style you strive to apply to most situations. Examine if this style is appropriate within your organization given the organizational culture. Evaluate how effectively you perceive yourself to currently exemplify this style. What are your current strengths in exemplifying this style? What are current opportunities for improvement?
II. Leveraging Human Capital & Diversity at the Organization
- Human Capital Assessment: Assess the effectiveness of your organizationâ€™s Human Capital strategy. What are some strengths of the organizationâ€™s human capital? How does the organizationâ€™s Human Capital strategy compare with the competition? What are at least 3 recommendations for enhancing human capital relations within your organization.
- Assess the level of diversity and inclusion current in your organization. Identify one diversity & inclusion initiative that you would propose to strengthen the organization. Explain why it is needed and what would be the benefits to the organization and to Human Capital.
- Detail a change plan to implement this diversity initiative. Identify a specific change theory model, discuss why this model was selected over others. Detail specifically how you would apply each step of the model to effectively implement your change initiative.