probability distribution 12
As a manager of an organization, what probability distribution from this week would you use if you wanted to study one aspect of your annual employee turnover? Explain why you would use the probability distribution to study the chosen aspect of employee turnover. In your post, be sure to identify the statistical formulas specifically and what additional data you would need to understand the chosen aspect of employee turnover. For example, some aspects of employee turnovers are employee age, years employed, hours worked per week, number of turnovers, number of pay raises, years employed until the first pay raise, satisfaction or morale level on a scale of 1 to 10,â€¦,etc.
Here are the probability distributions that we have covered.
- Binomial – See Section 5.5 as to when you may use it.
- Poisson – See Section 5.6 as to when you may use it.
- Hypergeometric – See Section 5.7 as to when you may use it.
- Uniform – See Section 6.1 as to when you may use it.
- Normal – See Section 6.2
- Exponential – See Section 6.4 as to when you may use it.
Do not forget to explain why your probability distribution applies.
Be sure to support your statements with logic and argument, citing any sources referenced. Post your initial response early, and check back often to continue the discussion.