Project Management Concepts
Upon completion of this discussion, you will be able to
- Describe the impact projects can have on organizations.
- Identify the factors that contribute to the success of projects.
- Understand the skills that a project manager needs to have.
- Become aware of the importance of ethics in management.
In your professional life you may have been involved in a project or you would have had opportunities to read about some. Each organization has its own way of handling projects. Every project manager has certain skills, abilities and weaknesses. These are just some of the factors that affect the outcome of projects.
Using the example of a project discuss the following topics in your initial post about the factors that contributed to its success or failure.
- Briefly describe the project information. For example:
- Explain the objectives of the project and its importance.
- Explain the environment in which the project was initiated including organizational, governmental, regulatory, cultural and/or societal.
- Profile the project manager including the leadership and management abilities.
- Report on ethical issues and how they were dealt with.
- List the factors (could be project-manager-related or project-related factors) that contributed to the success or failure of the project.
- Conclude with the impact this project had on the organization.