DQ#1 Neurodevelopmental Disorders
- Discuss in detail two disorders listed under the Neurodevelopmental Disorders section of the DSM 5.
- According the DSM 5 and the unit readings, please explain the pattern of familial heritage being closely associated to autism.
- As a future counselor would you work effectively with the Neurodevelopmental Disorders? Please be specific in identifying why or why not.
DQ#2 Trauma and Stressor Related Disorders
- Discuss the biopsychosocial perspective on trauma and stressor related disorders.
- Select one trauma and stressor related disorder (e.g. PTSD, reactive attachment disorder, acute stress disorder, etc.) and detail the symptoms, causes and treatment for that disorder.
- Identify and discuss at least one ethical consideration when working with a client who has experiences a trauma or significant stressor.
DQ#3 Anxiety and Obsessive Compulsive Disorders
- Select one anxiety disorder found in the DSM 5 and unit readings and then describe in detail the characteristics of that disorder. Include in your response effective treatment modalities for the anxiety disorder selected.
- Select one obsessive-compulsive and related disorder that you are most unfamiliar with and explain the symptoms, causes and treatment for that disorder.
- Additionally, what are the ethical considerations for a counselor working in a client’s home when the client is diagnosed with agoraphobia?