Sociology Immigration and Border Security Issues Question
For the Final Research Paper, select a topic from the list below. These topics represent a few of the challenges the United States faces in homeland security, and they each impact American society. The paper must demonstrate an understanding of the topic through a review of literature, analysis of specific incidents or events, evaluation of mitigation strategies, and response and recovery measures. The final section of your paper must address evaluations of existing preparedness measures and your recommendations for future responses to your topic of presentation.
You are encouraged to incorporate in your research United States government websites, such as the Department of Homeland Security and the Federal Emergency Management Agency websites, the CIA Fact Book, and the databases available through the University of Arizona Global Campus Library.
The approved topics address current issues dealing with the goals of the Department of Homeland Security. Select one of the following approved topics:
The use of national intelligence assets by law enforcement—the checks and balances
Immigration and border security issues—the state and federal perspectives
- Future terrorist threats to critical infrastructure or public events
- Analysis of the effectiveness of the National Response Framework (NRF) and the National Incident Management System (NIMS) when responding to disasters
- To complete the Final Research Paper, you must
- Discuss how the approved topic impacts the goal(s) of DHS.
Analyze historical incidents or events appropriate to the topic selected.
Evaluate the effectiveness of current DHS policies and procedures affecting the topic selected.
- Propose recommendations for DHS based on the analysis of the topic.