Sociology Population at Risk Part 2 Project
A poster is also required for this assignment 1 page poster with images
Part II Problem Analysis: Students will submit a paper that demonstrates critical analysis of the community problem and the impact upon the population-at-risk identified in the introduction. The paper will address part II and should show understanding of the population-at-risk, the problem or issue within the community, resources and programs that attempt to address the problem, and macro roles and ethical responsibilities of social workers to advocate and empower the population-at-risk to address the problem. Students will discuss the results of the literature search and present information about the problem and how the literature informs their critical analysis (2-3 empirical sources are required). The paper should address the components below.
Part II: Problem Analysis
- Literature Search:
- For the problem identified, complete a literature search and find 2-3 empirical journal articles (peer reviewed) that inform you about that problem. For example, if you choose human trafficking as a problem local to your community, your literature search will focus on the larger issue of human trafficking in general.
- Discuss the scope and prevalence of the problem based on information from the literature.
- Identify the theoretical perspective (if any) discussed in the articles chosen.
- Macro Programs and Resources, and
- What macro programs are currently used to address this problem in your local community?
- Select one program and identify the mission of the program, whether it is a primary or secondary setting, and the assets and resources offered.
- Social Work Roles and Ethical Responsibilities
- If you were a social worker in that program, discuss your macro roles related to the problem and population-at-risk.
- Within those roles, identify and describe ethical responsibility to the broader society and specific challenges you may face with regard to cultural competence.
- Discuss aspects of empowerment including personal empowerment, social empowerment, social support networks, and ways to foster the empowerment of the at risk population within the community.
- Include in your discussion resiliency, strengths.