OVERVIEWIN THE ANALYSIS OF ARTICLES ASSESSMENT, YOU ANALYZE THE RESEARCH COMPONENT IN THE LITERATURE OF THE FIELD FOR THE TOPIC OF YOUR INTEREST. IN THIS ASSESSMENT, YOU’LL DELVE DEEPER BY ANALYZING THE THEORY BEHIND THE TOPIC. YOU’LL GAIN AN UNDERSTANDING OF THE THEORY BEFORE ANALYZING AND SYNTHESIZING IT INTO THE LITERATURE REVIEW.
PREPARATIONYOU WILL BE USING THE RESOURCES YOU CHOOSE FOR THIS ASSESSMENT AS PART OF YOUR LITERATURE REVIEW ASSESSMENT AND TO HELP SUPPORT A PROPOSED RESEARCH STUDY OF YOUR CHOOSING FOR THE STUDY APPLICATIONS ASSESSMENT. NOTE THAT THE ASSESSMENTS IN THIS COURSE BUILD ON ONE ANOTHER. IT IS A GOOD IDEA TO LOOK AHEAD TO THE OTHER ASSESSMENTS TO BEGIN TO THINK ABOUT A TOPIC YOU MIGHT BE INTERESTED IN RESEARCHING. THIS IS A GOOD TIME TO SELECT ARTICLES FOR THIS ASSESSMENT THAT WILL HELP SUPPORT YOUR IDEAS FOR THE OTHER ASSESSMENTS.
INSTRUCTIONSFOR YOUR THEORIES AND ETHICS ASSESSMENT, USE THE CAPELLA LIBRARY AND COURSE READINGS TO LOCATE A MINIMUM OF FIVE PEER-REVIEWED JOURNAL ARTICLES (PUBLISHED WITHIN THE LAST 10 YEARS) THAT DISCUSS A BIOLOGICAL PSYCHOLOGY TOPIC OF INTEREST TO YOU (THE SAME TOPIC YOU USED FOR YOUR ANALYSIS OF ARTICLES ASSESSMENT). FOR EXAMPLE, YOU MIGHT BE INTERESTED IN:
- Neurobiology of ecstasy (MDMA) abuse.
- Progression of reading ability in a child diagnosed with autism.
- Effectiveness of a new drug to treat depression.You are not limited to these topics, but may choose one of these if you are interested. They are listed to help give you an idea of types of appropriate topics. Use the following outline to organize your paper:Introduction:
- Describe the topic of the paper.Theory:
- Describe the theory used in the articles you chose.
- Explain how the theories are applied to the topic and to the research findings.Ethics
- Describe the ethical behaviors used by the researchers of the studies. (For example, how did they protect the participants?)
- Explain how these ethical behaviors can be used in your life.