UOPX Assessment Treatment and Recovery of Addiction Paper
1. outline treatment approaches for Veterans
Create outline of major treatment approaches.
Provide a brief description approach in the outline annotated with the factors that must be considered for Veterans
2. Select an assessment from Ch. 5 of Chemical Dependency: A Systems Approach with faculty approval and administer the instrument to someone you know who drinks, uses drugs, or both. https://phoenix.vitalsource.com/#/books/9781323152…
Write a 350- to 700-word analysis regarding the following:
- Identify what assessment was used.
- Did you find the assessment useful?
- What additional questions might need to be asked to accommodate particular special populations?
- Include a summary of findings and a recommendation for treatment options.
- Do not disclose the interviewee’s identity in your analysis.
- Include peer-reviewed research as support for your answer regarding your recommendation for treatment options.
Treatment interventions are a way to get help for those dealing with addiction. Chapter 5 discusses different types of assessments that are available and referring to an appropriate source.
What are some techniques for assessing addiction including differences that may be needed for specialized populations? Describe at least two assessment tools that are included in the readings or external resources.