Scenario 1: Nurse Deb was due for her annual flu vaccination as mandated by her hospital’s policy. Nurse Deb is a big supporter of the antivaccination movement and refused to obtain her annual flu vaccination. Upon notice that nurse Deb did not obtain the vaccination, the nurse manager fired Nurse Deb. Nurse Deb has decide to file a wrongful termination suit. As the director of nursing, how would you handle this situation?
- What evidence does Nurse Deb have that could help her win the case?
- What law protects the hospital’s mandated vaccination procedures?
- How concerned should the hospital be if the lawsuit is a success?
Scenario 2: Joe Gomez worked as a plant operations specialist at Premier Hospital. While Joe’s manager was working on the HVAC system that protects patients from harmful viruses and bacteria, he noticed that he was not using OSHA-approved filters. Joe felt that it was important to report this to the compliance officer. The day following his report, Joe was fired by his manager. As the CEO of Premier Hospital, how would you handle the situation?
- How concerned should you be about the termination of Joe?
- What legal principles are involved?
- If Joe was a member of the local employee services union, does this make the termination different?
Prepare this assignment according to the guidelines found in the APA Style Guide,
Looking for a similar assignment? Our writers will offer you original work free from plagiarism. We follow the assignment instructions to the letter and always deliver on time. Be assured of a quality paper that will raise your grade. Order now and Get a 15% Discount! Use Coupon Code "Newclient"
Also posted onMay 12, 2020 @ 10:51 pm