The campaign of 1828 was unlike any other that had come before it. For the first time electors in most states were chosen by popular vote. The electorate had been expanded so that there was universal suffrage among white males.
Suppose you had lived during the time period of the 1828 election. Would you have voted for Andrew Jackson?
- Write a well-constructed essay supporting either Andrew Jackson or the re-election of John Quincy Adams.
Keep the following points in mind as you write your essay:
- Determine your position and plan your essay by listing the reasons for it.
- Be sure you back up your position with clearly stated reasons. Use at least one primary source.
- Read your essay aloud to be sure that it makes sense.
- Check your grammar, spelling, and punctuation.