respond to each of the following questions. Up to 10 points can be earned for a completed assignment, with partial credit available for incomplete responses.
- Define the term cognition
- Distinguish between the following three problem solving strategies: trial and error, algorithms, heuristics
- Define language and describe each of the following three building blocks of language: phonemes, morphemes, grammar
- Distinguish between the Broca’s area and the Wernicke’s area in the brain
- Describe the Stanford-Binet Intelligence Scale, the formula that was used for measuring intelligence and why it eventually became an outdated approach
- Identify and describe the various types of intelligence
- Discuss measuring intelligence today through the deviation IQ and the normal distribution including the difference between average intelligence and extremes in intelligence