Read/review the following resources for this activity:
- Textbook: Section 4; Integrative Questions for Section 4
- Minimum of 1 scholarly source
Initial Post Instructions
Triggers are ethnocentric responses to differences and defensive reactions to ethnocentrism. Any number of things can serve as triggers, but they generally fall into the following categories: voice, appearance, attitude, and behavior.
For the initial post, address the following:
- Describe a trigger that you have responded to in the past, even if it was only a fleeting mental thought.
- What was the result of your response?
- If you had a negative response, how could your response to the situation been better or different?
- What barriers did you need to overcome?
Follow-Up Post Instructions
Respond to at least two peers or one peer and the instructor. Further the dialogue by providing more information and clarification. For example, how were your experiences similar or different to your peers? What advice would you give to your peers about how to handle the situation? Determine the value of self-awareness regarding your peers’ situations.